Friday, December 6, 2013

Where to Eat in San Fernando, Pampanga

I had a hearing last Friday in San Fernando, Pampanga; and since I still didn't know how to drive (2014 resolution!), I had to request my husband to drive for me. He'd be leaving for the States the following Sunday, so it really seemed like the perfect time to consider that day our little date.  

A few years back, my former officemates and I went out on a food trip to Pampanga. It was my first time there and we really had a grand time, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to blog about it. (Just in case you want to venture on a food trip, try VFW Canteen, Everybody's Cafe, Bretto's and Nathaniel's, of course!)

Remembering my favorites from that food trip, I planned on bringing my husband to VFW Canteen in Angeles. But when he learned that we'd travel far only for the eggs benedict, he gave me "the stare" haha. And besides, the hearing took long and we were both famished, so we decided to take our late lunch at a good place nearby.

We voted on A La Creme, a restaurant famous for their steaks and cakes. 



It was conveniently located along McArthur Highway, just a few blocks away from the court. 

Here's what we had:


CHICKEN QUESADILLA
PRICE: P265
The chicken quesadilla was my favorite. It was gooey and cheesy, and plenty enough to be a meal on its own (although it was actually just an appetizer).

SALMON ALIO OGLIO
PRICE: P235
The pasta was my order. It didn't say in the menu description, but this was a bit spicy. Just add a little bit of olive oil and perfect na!

STEAK A LA CREME
PRICE: P385
The steak was for the husband. He said the meat was good, and I agreed. (But then, we don't have steaks very often, so we're not your most reliable source of food review. Haha.)

Of course, we had to try their desserts. We were told these two cakes were their bestsellers.

UBE MACAPUNO WITH WALNUTS
PRICE: P98

I was not a fan of ube macapuno cake, but I thought this was okay for the price.

SINFUL CHOCOLATE CAKE
PRICE: P122
The sinful chocolate cake was really sinful because it was too sweet! (Poco Deli at Mary Grace chocolate cake pa rin!)

Our verdict: The main course were all good, specially the chicken quesadilla. The desserts were just okay. 

And just because it was a rarity that we were out for a long time, just the two of us, that made me one happy pregnant woman. 


31 weeks in this photo.


'Til next food trip!

There are several branches of A la Creme all over Pampanga. But we visited the one located in CTH Building, McArthur Highway, Dolores, San Fernando, Pampanga.








4 comments:

  1. OMAYGAD i love A La Creme! At namiss ko yang chocolate cake na yan. If you're working in "SanFer" for 2 years, that's one of the better restaurants :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh! Nag "sanfer" ka pala for two years hehe. We noticed nga ang daming kumakain dun considering na hindi naman sya nagsusumigaw na location. And it has good reviews. Masarap naman kaso matamis masyado yata for me ang chocolate cake ;)

      Delete
  2. Classifieds are perfect for selling just about anything at all.
    Here you can sell and buy anything under the sun including both novel and used products.
    Get more with free advertising at postallads4free.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Masarap mag-food trip sa Culinary Capital of the Philippines because the Kapampangan cuisine is legendary. If a Pampanga food trip is what is on your mind, it will be surely helpful to determine which food you must try first before gearing up to go to the province.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...